So today my "not so little" brother is turning 26. For the longest time I have thought he is "so much younger than me". Then I was reminded that at 26 I had already been married for 3 1/2 years and had Maddie. So my brother, James...or Jame as I call him, is no longer my kid brother but a grown man. And I can't tell you how happy I am to have him back in the US and safe this birthday. (he was in Iraq last year)
So to mark this special day here are my
"10 Reasons to Celebrate My Brother":
1. He is so gosh darn cute and hopefully someday soon (wink wink) will find him a great woman!
2. He can make me laugh harder than anyone...even when we are separated by many many miles.
3. Maddie thinks her Uncle Jame hung the moon and talks about him ALL the time!
4. He is the only other person out there who can relate to being a Barrett sibling...oh the stories we could tell and usually we do!
5. He is my Hero and I am so proud of him for serving our country.
6. He is just about the only person who can make fun of me and get away with it.
7. It is always good to hear his voice and see his face...I remember the first time we got to see him on the web cam in Iraq...it had been 7 months since we had seen him and just being able to see him gave me peace.
8. He is still a kid at heart (and mind and actions....Ha Ha!)
9. My sweet Wyatt will be able to learn so much from him. I see Jame in Wyatt every day!
10. Because without him my life would be less than what it is....he is my friend, a source of joy and someone I love very much!
Happy Birthday Jame...can't wait to see you!!
Jame and I...I think in 2000.
Jame and "little" Maddie
Jame and Sweet Wyatt
Me and my Bro
At The Beach Recap Part 2
7 years ago







4 comments:
Wow, sweet pictures!! I can really see the family resemblense with Maddie and your brother!
awww, what sweet pictures! Happy Birthday, Jamie! Ashley turns 26 today... I can't believe it either!
awww, what sweet pictures! Happy Birthday, Jamie! Ashley turns 26 today... I can't believe it either!
That was so beautiful it made me cry. Yes, praise the Lord that Jame is here in the U.S.
Love you guys
Sharissa
Post a Comment