Yesterday when we got home we had a nice surprise in our mail box. My Aunt Sharron sent us our new Christmas tradition. It is called Elf on the Shelf. The kit comes with a story book and a little elf doll. You read the story about how the elf sits in your home and watches how good or how bad you have been though the day and then when you go to sleep at night he flies to the north pole to report to Santa. The next morning the elf is in a new spot and the kiddo has to find it. Part of the story is also that you have to name your elf. Maddie named ours Toomin...not quite sure where she came up with that one. Anyway we read the story last night and placed Toomin in the Christmas Tree. This morning Maddie saw right away that Toomin was not in the tree and began looking for him, he was now on her picture frame above the mantle. Tonight we read the story again and she said goodnight to Toomin, we can't wait to see her face tomorrow morning when he is not on her picture frame anymore. This is seriously the cutest thing and the story is so good and so fun.
Thank you Aunt Sha Sha for thinking of us and getting us something fun for Christmas. And thanks for giving us a new Christmas Tradition. We love you!
The Kit
Reading the story
Toomin's first spot on the tree.
At The Beach Recap Part 2
7 years ago







4 comments:
I have alot of friends that are using that, do you think Britton is too young? I just don't know if he will understand, sounds so cute.
I love that! That would be so much fun! Maybe in a couple of years. I would probably have almost as much fun with it as Carson will.
cute new background and header. you're too creative! and i love the elf idea. let me know how much fun it is. talk to you soon.
Well shoot, I need to get that for my nieces....I have seen it before and thought it was just the cutest idea...love it! And I love the name Toomin...very cute! Funny what names kids come up with huh?
Post a Comment