Friday, February 6, 2009

Sweet Maddie Story

Last night, nick and I were playing with the kids and watching them run all around us. The kids seem to get a second wind right before bed and I think it has a little something to do with the fact that Daddy gets home right after they eat dinner. Anyway, Maddie was playing in the floor and she looked up and said, "Mom, we don't have to worry...Jesus will take care of us, he contoured the great." I said, "What did you say?" She said it a few more times, very determined to make her point, "Jesus contoured the great." Finally it hit me...or maybe the holy spirit just swooped down and cleaned out my ears. What my sweet 3 year old was trying to say was, "Jesus conquered the grave." When I said it to her correctly she said, "Yeah, that is what I said." With a "duh" look on her face. I have no idea where she heard it...probably Sunday School or in a conversation Nick or I have had with someone else. Either way, what a wonderful truth to hold on to. We will be okay....don't worry..."Jesus conquered the grave!"




Mystery Solved:

We figured out tonight that Maddie learned those words from a song we sing at church. We have been letting her go into the worship time with us every Sunday before the sermon because she likes to listen to the band and the songs. Who knew she would actually pick one of the songs up...actually nothing Maddie says or does anymore surprises me!

8 comments:

Jennifer Vinson said...

She knew all along what she was talking about! Sweet girl!!

the murphy's said...

Aunt Kristi and Uncle Webb had to wipe away a few tears. That reminds us of how we need to have such child like faith. By the way we have the most precious niece in the whole world!

Noah's Mommy said...

So sweet!

Lindsey said...

so sweet. what a big girl!

Josh and LB said...

Oh my word...precious! I just loved that!

Mary Beth said...

That is so beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Precious!

Psalm 8:2

"From the lips of children and infants You have ordained praise..."

The Pooles said...

Oh what a special moment and little video.