On thursday, my parents and I headed out to El Paso to see Jame before he deployed. We had a great trip and shared a lot of laughs and had a fun time being with each other. This is Jame's second deployment...he came home from his first one last May. (Man...a year sure does fly by!) We were able to spend Thursday afternoon with him seeing the base and having dinner. Then Friday morning, my parents and Jame went to run some errands of things he was going to need while gone. (I was recovering from a stomach bug from the night before!) Then Friday afternoon Mom and I went to the base with Jame and then we all ate dinner in the hotel room and watched movies and Jame stayed the night with us in the hotel.
This morning was crazy! We got to the base early to help Jame finish packing so he could go to bag check and weapon handout...Mom and I stayed at the room and cleaned it as best we could. (Boys are messy!) Then we headed out to say goodbye to him. As emotional as we all felt, we held it together pretty well...until we got in the car to leave.
I'm afaid this deployment will be much longer and he will not be coming home for his two weeks leave. We already miss him and hope this time away from him goes quickly. Please pray for the safety of our troops and say a little prayer each day for my brother James...God has BIG plans for that boy!
I LOVED the mountains in El Paso...such a change of scenery from Flat ol Abilene!
Jame and Mom goofing off on the computer.
Laughing!
Laughing so hard... it hurt!
Last morning to sleep in.
Dad and Jame
Dad, Mom and Jame
His Pack
Me and Jame
Mom and her kids
Talking to Maddie and Wyatt on the phone.
So serious!
I told him to smile and he said, "I'm trying to get in the zone." But obviously he couldn't keep a straight face.
Saying goodbye to Mom.
Saying goodbye to Dad.
Walking away.
And this was the last we saw of him...he walked over and took his place with the other guys and never looked back. What a hard thing that must have been for him to do.








6 comments:
Geez! Lots of emotions in this post. The "trying to get in the zone" comment was hilarious, but then I was crying as he walked away. I can't imagine the roller coaster of emotions you were feeling this weekend as well. What an amazing man to fight for our freedom! He's certainly in my prayers Reyna. God Bless.
I am thinking about you guys, the dropping off part is the worst if you ask me. I am praying for Jame's safety too.
Praying for your brothers safe return! What an amazing man he must be to so willingly fight for our freedom! Thinking of you guys!
I just wanted you to know that I am praying for Jame's safe return. The closeness of your family came shining through in this post and made me smile. I miss you!
:) Judy T.
James looks EXACTLY like your dad!! I will definitely be praying for him and your family. I am sure it was so very hard to say goodbye.
Oh Reyna. I'm tearing up reading your post. What a servant's heart Jame must have to serve his country and do so for the glory of His Maker. I'll be praying for your family and for Jame's safe return home.
Post a Comment