Saturday, May 7, 2011

Doak's birth story

Mr. Doak decided to take his time in getting here...which I was perfectly ok with since my "to-do" list was quite long. I was scheduled to be induced Wednesday, April 27th but little Doak decided to send me into early labor on Tuesday morning. I dropped the kids off at school, went home and got Nick and headed to the hospital. My nurse was so for sure that I was in labor that she called Dr. Tadvick to break my water...however when he arrived he decided that I wasn't progressing enough and for me to wait it out at the hospital. I slept like a baby that night thanks to a little Ambien and the next morning everything picked up about 7:00am. They started me on Pitocin and I had my epidural by 7:30am. Dr. Tadvick broke my water at 8:00am and then everything started progressing quite nicely. About every 45 minutes or so I was dilating 2 cm. until finally at 11:30am they called for the dr and I could start pushing. It took 2 pushes and little Doak came right out...beautiful and healthy.



Doak James McMillon


8lbs. 1oz. 20in


born at 11:55am on April 27th




getting cleaned up





a little "daddy-time"





Doak and Nana









Doak and grandma and grandad












Doak and Papaw









meeting Maddie and Wyatt




our family of 5






Wyatt was so excited to hold his brother





and so was Maddie!







heading home to start life with our new baby boy

0 comments: