Monday, July 2, 2007

Potty Training Adventures

We have now entered the Potty training world. For the most part, it started off beautifully....the first time Maddie sat on the potty she went "tee tee" as we like to call it around here. In fact she went all day on the potty with no accidents other than the #2. I was giving her a cocoa puff every time she went. Well apparently that lost its charm and so I moved on to Strawberry Shortcake stickers. So it has now been a week and 2 days and we have had some REALLY good days and days that were NOT so good. Sometimes I have to just stop and look at her and remember that she is only 21 months old and I work with kids who are 3 1/2 that are not potty trained yet. Hopefully it will not take her that long but I have to remember to be thankful for a very bright, stubborn,playful, and energetic little tot. She'll get the hang of it.
On other news....little Wyatt is getting bigger and his kicks are getting very strong. I love this part of pregnancy because the kicks and movements do not keep me up all night...yet...and I get to enjoy not being swollen or too uncomfortable. I am now 22 weeks along.
I have been able to talk to my brother a few times this past week. He seems to be doing good. He thought it was crazy that I would only give Maddie one cocoa puff and said he would go on strike too if her were Maddie. Obviously Maddie and her Unlce think a lot along the same lines.
Well I better go take advantage of having a quiet house. Nick is at work and Maddie is at daycare. I have a huge list of things I need to do...but hopefully I can find some time to rest. Until next time.....

2 comments:

kiwichick said...

That is too funny about Maddie. One of my other friends is trying to potty train her 2 year old little girl too and she too has vetoed the idea. She now tells her mom "potty's for mommy, diapers for me" When Ash tries to get her to go. I would be worried about what is to come, but I'm beginning to think "Pickle" will still be living inside me in two years :)
--Mindy

Natalie said...

Way to go Maddie! We're working on potty training too! How is Wyatt doing? Enjoy your last few weeks of summer!