Tuesday, April 1, 2008

"Help me across the Ridge"

So this is just about the sweetest story about our little Maddie. Yesterday, Nick took Maddie up to our neighborhood elementary school to let her play on the playground. Last time we took her we had to hold her hand while she went across this suspension bridge they have. She hates that the bridge moves under her and is quite scared of it. Yesterday Nick held her hand the first trip across to get to the slides. On her second trip she said, "Daddy hold my hand to cross the ridge." He told her she could do it herself and she kept saying how scared she was. So Nick told her to pray to Jesus for her to get across the bridge. So she held on to the bars and started praying. This is what she said, "Dear Jesus, help me get across the ridge. In Jesus name, Amen." Nick said she said it over and over and over again until she made it all the way across the bridge. When she made it across she turned around and smiled at nick and yelled, "Jesus helped me cross the ridge. I'm not scared."
I love that our little girl is learning who to cast her fears upon and where to turn when she is in need. Sometimes I need to be reminded to have faith like my 2 1/2 year old "faith like a child" and I need to be reminded to ask for help when I'm crossing the "ridges" of life.
Now you may all grab a kleenex. =-)

0 comments: