So yesterday evening we took the kids to the pool. There was a slight chance of rain but we decided to go ahead and go swimming. We only stayed about an hour or so because with NO sun out the water was a bit chilly. As we were leaving, it started sprinkling, and if you know my daughter then you know she hates: the car wash, the shower, the sprinkler and really just any sort of water falling on her head. We rushed out to the car and Maddie was very frustrated that her hair was getting all wet. When we got in the car Maddie asked, "Why is it raining?" I said, "Because God decided we needed some rain today so he let some water fall on the grass and trees to make them green." Not content with my answer she said, "Mom, where is he and why does he like the rain?" I said, "God is in heaven and he loves to make things look beautiful so he sends rain to make the grass green." Then she asked, "Mom, can I go see him." I said, "Not right now, it's not time to see him yet." She said," Why can't I go see him?" I said, "Someday you will go live with him and everyone you know will be there and it will be wonderful but right now he wants you to live here with mommy and daddy." She was finally content with what I had to say, I looked at Nick who was smiling and I said, "She is only two can you imagine the questions that are coming our way!" We both laughed and later last night I thanked God for that teachable moment with Maddie. I love that she wants to know EVERYTHING but more than that I love that she already wants to know more about her heavenly Father and when she gets to see him. Amazing!
At The Beach Recap Part 2
7 years ago







1 comments:
Hi Reyna,
This post brought tears to my eyes! God bless you for bringing up your babies to know Him.
Post a Comment