Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Veterans Day




Today I am celebrating my Dad and my brother's service to our country. Because of these two men (and 3 of my uncles and my papaw), I was raised to respect honor, embrace freedom and have a love of our country. They are also the reason I can rarely hear the National Anthem without tearing up.
I am so proud of my the military heritage in my family and so blessed to have these men for my kids to look up to. No matter how you feel about the wars around the world, these men and so many others like them deserve to be respected and honored not just today but every day. They give selflessly so we can be safe, go months and years without seeing their families and all without complaint.
This Veteran's Day thank the Good Lord for placing you in a country that actually allows you to be able to choose your president and allows you to have freedom of speech and religion. But more than that...thank the Lord for the men and women out there who are doing the fighting for these freedoms--for YOU!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post, Reyna. We do indeed have SO much to be thankful for in our country and we owe a huge debt of gratitude to all the men and women who serve our country

The Pooles said...

Awesome!!