Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Happy Birthday, Maddie!!

It is amazing to me that Maddie turned 5 today. It seems like only yesterday we had brought her home from the hospital to begin our new life as a mommy and daddy. We have been so blessed by her sweet life and find it hard to imagine how life was before we had her. Maddie is sensitive, compliant, warm, funny, imaginative, creative and inquisitive. It's hard to believe she will be starting kindergarten this next school year...but like everything Maddie does...she will rise to the challenge and excel wherever she is.
We love you Maddie, and you are the most wonderful daughter we could have ever hoped for.


My favorite things about Maddie:

**She is the best BIG sister. Maddie loves to play with Wyatt and teaches him all sorts of new things.

**She has a very sensitive spirit...although she usually only shares that with Nick and I. She tends to keep things to herself and then will share them with us later when no one is around.

**She loves to "help" other kids. I have been told by her teachers that she loves on the sweetest of the special needs kids in her classroom, I love that she has a tender heart for those kiddos.

**She is so smart! She amazes Nick and I all the time...her cognition and language skills are definitely above average.

**Lastly, she has a natural tendency toward worship. You can see this when she is singing or dancing. I love that God has touched her heart at such a young age.





A newborn


1 year old



2 years old



3 years old





4 years old





Silly girl at 5




1 comments:

Josh and LB said...

She is such a beautiful little girl. I love how you put up her yearly pictures and I really LOVE the last picture with her in a cowboy hat.