Sunday, October 24, 2010

Happy Birthday, Wyatt!!!

My sweet Wyatt turned 3 today. I don't know where the past 3 years have gone...they feel like a blur with lots of amazing memories popping out here and there. I remember when he turned one and we started to see his personality emerge, it was then that he decided that his "laid back" days were over and he was going to start showing us who he really was.
When he was 15 months old, I remember thinking "Who is this kid?"...he was still figuring that out too...and we battled together to see what boundaries we needed for him.
Then right before he turned two, we learned that Wyatt can be strong-willed and stubborn but also incredibly out-going and loving.
This past year has been full of a lot of joy for us. Wyatt has the most amazing personality and I wonder almost everyday what kind of man he will be when he grows up. He is thoughtful, talkative, inquisitive, stubborn, head-strong, hilarious, sweet, loving, compassionate and adorable.
I am so excited to see what the next year holds for him. How becoming a big brother will be for him and how starting the KLT program will challenge him. I am just so blessed to get to watch this little blessing grow up right before my eyes and am thankful to be his mommy and the one he still needs hugs and kisses from.
Happy Birthday, Wyatt. You are one awesome gift from God!


My favorite things about Wyatt:

**He loves all things to do with Maddie. He is the typical little brother but will hang on every word she tells him and would prefer to be with her all day.

**He can make me smile when I am supposed to be disciplining him...he is a charmer and the older he gets the harder this will become.

**In the morning, he still tells me goodbye 3-4 times before I walk out the door and he hugs my neck really tight when I pick him up. I thought he would outgrow that after he turned two but am thankful he still shows so much affection when I have to go to work....it makes me smile every morning!

**He is so strong-willed...a trait that when refined, will make him an incredible leader someday.

**His favorite thing to do on Saturday mornings is going to the farm with his daddy and grandad. I like that he would prefer to do "guy stuff" and follow in his daddy's footsteps.

**He is into all things "Toy Story"...and his imagination is just exploding these days. When he was about to turn two, all he wanted was "Lighting McQueen" toys...now everything is "Buzz Light year". It sure makes shopping for him easy!





A day old with his daddy


1 year old



2 years old...already full of personality



a few months ago...so handsome!



0 comments: