Monday, August 4, 2008

Summer Days

So as my lazy days of summer are drawing to an end...I thought I would take this opportunity to list my favorite things from this summer break. Here they are in no particular order.

1. Mommy and Maddie days...every Wednesday has been our day together, it is usually spent at the library (story time), going somewhere fun for lunch, playing with baby dolls, watching Dora or the Little Einsteins, taking naps together, a little shopping :), mostly just getting in some really good girl time with my favorite girl

2. Mommy and Wyatt days...every Thursday is my day with Wyatt, go to story time at 10:15 which really cuts into his nap time but he is NEVER cranky, I love these days because I can enjoy nursing him without worrying when Maddie is going to decide she needs my attention, playing baby games (I love that he is fascinated with everything and wants to explore his environment), I get to enjoy him while he is "little" and get to see some of his firsts.

3. Mommy days...I usually have a list of things to do on this day, it usually falls on Monday, sometimes I get everything done and other times it is nice that it doesn't matter if I don't get anything done; I usually end up missing my kids halfway through the mornings and can't wait to pick them up

4. The Pool...this year we got a membership to the swim club..it has been a lifesaver, we usually go every other afternoon, sometimes everyday. Webb and Kristi usually join us and we get a chance to visit with them and cool off from this Texas heat.

5. Mommy, Wyatt and Maddie days...I usually take Tuesdays and Fridays to keep both kids home with me. I love getting the chance to see them interact with eachother. Maddie is such a little momma to Wyatt and loves to help me out with him. We usually do not go anywhere, we have played outside and gone on little errands but for the most part we stay at home and enjoy the giggles and grins of being with eachother.

6. I really thought I would have more things to write about why I have loved this summer...maybe I will think of more later. Really more than anything I love that I get to be a full time mommy right now. When I work it is a constant pull between being the mommy and wife I want to be and the professional that loves her job. I like that I can focus solely on my family and for 2 1/2 months forget that my other life exists ( well except when I subbed a few days)

So to all of you hard working teachers out there that are enjoying your last few days of freedom as well...lay back, nap, go swimming, play with your babies and try to put August 25th out of your mind...at least for today!

2 comments:

Brett and Erin said...

Hey Reyna! Great to hear from you-- You're family is precious! How are things in Abilene?

Josh and LB said...

Your kids are getting so big! I loved hearing about your summer. I know you are such a great mom, wife, and teacher. You are a great encouragement to me. Love ya girl!